Friday, May 25, 2012

I obviously have a lot of FEELINGS about this.

I was discussing...something with one of my new coworkers today and no, I'm not being coy about what I was talking about, I honestly cannot remember and this is probably only partly because I only listen to about 1/3 of the crap that comes out of my mouth and the other part is the thought that I should maybe start taking ginkgo biloba or something.

So we are discussing...something. Aliens, maybe? The impending doom because we live in the year 2012? (Which, to both, I say a hearty HA! But that is another story.) And...somehow we got onto the topic of Nerdfighteria and how I am a proud Nerdfighter. And being a Nerdfighter basically means that I am made of awesome and also cheese. And look, Kelly is a member of the community (and John Green PROPOSED to her for Phil, who is now her amazing husband!!) and I introduced Erin to the vlogbrothers videos (and if you only watch one of those 23 videos I earnestly enjoin you to let it be this one because after months of watching hundreds of videos IT IS STILL MY FAVORITE.) but I don't know anyone else in real life, and certainly nobody that lives close to me, who is a member. So when my coworker said "Oh. My roommate is one of those." MY JAW HIT THE FLOOR. And then the excited arm-flailing started.

And I'm just firing questions at this poor guy about his roommate about how is he made of awesome? and how does he decrease worldsuck? and is he a Whovian too?! (Answer sheet: will get back to me, doesn't know, has seen episodes and seemed to enjoy them. BOYS ARE NO GOOD AT RECON WORK, YOU GUYS.) And then my coworker is all, "Oh, and he is also really handsome."

Oh, really?

"Yeah. A lot of girls say that he looks like that guy Thor."*

OPEN WITH THAT. YOU ALWAYS OPEN WITH THAT.

I would be remiss if I forgot to tell you that I STARTED HYPERVENTILATING AT THIS POINT, AND NO, I AM NOT JOKING.

"But he has a girlfriend. And it's a real shame too because I think you two would hit it off really well."

And then I nearly cried. Because a Nerdfighter! Who looks like Thor! And who probably would think I'm pretty funny!

And that is IT, you guys. I AM BUILDING A ROCKET BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE.



*I would climb Chris Hemsworth like a sex tree after bathing in the honey that drips off his Australian tongue. And those are only the things that are FIT TO PRINT.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, a girlfriend is not necessarily permanent. ;-)

    Also, "climb him like a sex tree" is my new favorite phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly someone needs to do something about this girlfriend. Maybe you can have John Green ask the guy to break up with her. Sort of a reverse proposal.

    ReplyDelete